The Gnostic Thunderbolt is a mutation of, and can be used interchangeably with, the Gnostic Pentagram Ritual. It's purpose is t imbue motivation and momentum to the participants, whilst banishing unwanted influences at the same time. It is highly recommended for opening a temple, and as a preliminary to other work, but is not well applied to healing aims.
1. Inhale. Starting just beyond the head, either shoulder, or either hip, draw the first point of the Thunderbolt. Simultaneously, visualize blue sphere lighting up between the eyes, and sending a thread of light to the point. Vibrate "Iiiiii..." in a high-pitched tone until the lungs are emptied.
2. Inhale. Trace a straight line from shoulder to opposite shoulder or hip, or from the head to either hip. Visualize a yellow sphere lighting up inthe throat,sending a thread of light to the second point. Vibrate "Eeee..." in a slightly lower tone.
3. Inhale. Trace a second line, again as if drawing a pentagram Visualize a red sphere in the center of the chest, and sending its light to the third point. Vibrate "Ahhh..." in a tone lower than the previous vibration
4. Inhale. Trace a third line. Visualize a purple sphere in the genital area, sending its light to the fourth point. Vibrate "Ohhh..." in a lower tone.
5. Inhale. Trace the fourth line. Visualize a green sphere encircling the feet and disappearing into the ground, and sending its thread to the fifth point. Vibrate "Oooo..."
6. Do not draw the closing bar of the pentagram! Instead, remain com- pletely motionless and hold your breath for as long as possible. Concentrate your attention fixedly on the sound of your blood rushing through your carotid arteries. Know that the rumbling you hear is the eternal explosion of the Thunderbolt. You are part of the thunderbolt moving endlessly and mindlessly onward
7. Continue to hold the image and sound in the mind while holding your breath. When you finally must breathe, envision the thunderbolt fragmenting with a tremendous roar and sending octarine sparks into and through you.
8. Repeat the seven steps above, drawing the thunderbolts about you to describe a 3-dimensional shape of whatever kind suits you.
9. Declaration of intent, ie "We will that we never end where we had begun. We will that we shall begin."
Breath control, sound concentration, image concentration, sound vibration.