by Tzimon Yliaster
The intent behind this ritual is the evocation of an Undine, which is an elemental of watery elements. It can be applied as easily to an electronic sea as a watery one. This working aims to create or draw an unidine from water and send it off into the Digital Aethyr (another sort of ocean altogether).
A body of water
Gold Circle Prophylactics (optional?)
Material to Sculpt into a Fetish
1. All line up before the fire, which should be built a good distance from the body of water (several yards at least).
1.5. Each participant sticks a Gold Circle Prophylactic (still in its case) on their head, over the ajna-chakra.
2. One of the participants shouts out "HUT!", and all charge at top speed to the body of water.
3. Each participants cups some water in hir hands and then proceeds slowly back to the fire. During this walk back, they should repeat a statement of intent, either mentally or aloud, along the lines of: "My will is to bring forth an undine and send it into the digital aethyr."
4. If no water remains in the cupped hands, the participant returns and gets some more water, again and again, if needs be.
5. Each in turn casts hir handful of water onto the fire, saying the statement of intent aloud.
6. A fetish is made in the form of the undine, and a name given it.
6.5 While the fetish is being made, one or more of the participants may fill some vessel with water from the body of water used above, and sprinkle it upon the other participants, "blessing" them in the name of the evoked undine.
7. Banish by laughter; if the Prophylactics are still stuck to everyone's foreheads, this will be relatively easy.
8. Banish the material form of the fetish in a means appropriate to its composition. For example, if the fetish has been made from sand, it can simply be left for the tide or wind to wash a way. A wooden one should be burnt or fed to termites.
This working was performed on 9/30 by a small group of chaotes at Ocean Beach in San Francisco. The most noticeable effect until the present moment was the conjuration of a large, drunken/stoned fellow named Cody, and his silent friend. Cody regailed said group of Chaotes with what could only be described as "white noise". However, there did seem to be connection with members of the working group. For example, Cody had, in his own words, been "turned on to magick" by the book "Be Here Now" by Ram Dass (same as yours truly). He spent much of the evening regaling us with non-gender specific "fart jokes" and disjointed statements about Haiti, Wicca, Satanism, action movies, and other sounds far too incoherent to describe here. If there has *ever* been a human embodiment of line noise, it was Cody.
The name of the Undine evoked in this case was Jeremy, the Holy Undine of Wetness and Line Noise.